Dit concert is al geweest. Bekijk hieronder de serie Kamermuziek '20/'21:
- Jean-Sélim Abdelouma en Anastasia Kobekina - 26 september 2020
- Wiener Kammersymphonie en Domenico Godispoti - 24 oktober 2020
- Koninklijk Concergebouworkest, Arno Piters en Jeroen Bal - 6 november 2020
- Nino Gvetadze en Frederieke Saeijs - 14 november 2020
- Anastasia Kobekina, Rosanne Philippens, Adriane La Marca en Julien Quentin - 23 januari 2021
- Sitkovetsky Trio, Isang Enders, Wu Qian en Alexander Sitkovetsky - 10 april 2021
- Severin von Eckardstein en Sophie Jaffé - 17 april 2021
- David Orlowski, Lauma Skride en Anastasia Kobekina - 24 april 2021
Mussorgsky's Painting Exhibition
With his Painting Exhibition Mussorgsky paints with music. He made this world-famous composition with paintings by a befriended painter. Those pieces are certainly exciting. We hear a wild witch, a hut on chicken legs and music about a mysterious castle. The piece can often be heard as an orchestral piece, but the Hexagon Ensemble presents a special version for piano and five horns (flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon and horn).
Wout van den Berg about their version of Mussorgsky's Painting Exhibition:
"Kees Olthuis, composer and former bassoonist of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra and the Netherlands Wind Ensemble made this version especially for us. I think it's turned out to be a very beautiful and colourful arrangement."
(Read the interview with Wout van den Berg.)
Travelling through Russia
Just as Russian as Mussorgsky's Painting Exhibition, the Piano Quintet for piano and wind instruments by Rimsky-Korsakov and a selection from Rachmaninov's wonderful Chrysostomus Liturgy sounds. With the opening piece An evening in Georgia by Mikhail Ippolitov-Ivanov, the Hexagon puts you in the right mood.
Why Russia? For years the members of the Hexagon Ensemble have had a strong bond with the Russian repertoire. The ensemble's trips to Moscow and Bashkortostan contributed to this. In 2014 the Hexagon Ensemble made a successful tour to Russia with the programme 'De Verbeelding' (The Imagination). In 2015 Hexagon Ensemble was artist in residence of the Ufa Arts Festival in Bashkortostan. It generated enthusiastic reactions from the public and the press. Ruin 25 years, the six musicians combine inspiring friendship and successful musicality.
The Hexagon Ensemble consists of
Wout van den Berg, flute
Bram Cancermeijer, oboeArjan
Marieke Stordiau, bassoon
Christiaan Boers, horn
Frank Peters, piano
Youtube tipListen to Mussorgsky's 'Painting Exhibition
piano fluit hobo klarinet fagot hoorn Rachmaninov Moessorgski Mussorgsky Schilderijententoonstelling schilderkunst Rimski Korsakov Rimsky Korsakov Rimsky Korsakoff Kamermuziek Ippolitov-Ivanov Seizoen '19-'20 kunst gnoom Bösendorfer Imperial